LEARN WEDDING FILMMAKING WITH ZENITH CINEMATOGRAPHY
Zenith started in 2010 by recent film school graduate David Garcia. The business grew from a one man band to a team of 4 full time staff in just a few years.
During this time we have been able to quadruple our minimum commission whilst being more selective with the work we do and have won multiple awards. This year we were honoured to be given the Best Videographer in the UK award by the Wedding Industry Awards.
Now, eight years since our inception, we are proud to be where we are and happy to start welcoming fellow wedding filmmakers into our offices to go through the programs we have created to help your business reach new levels, both creatively and financially.
2 DAY WORKSHOP by David Garcia | £700 /person
In this two day workshop we will go over the main skills you need to run a successful business and get the clients you want to work with. I will show you the steps that I took to grow my business in a short amount of time and how I continue to increase my prices year after year.
We will go over the workflows and techniques that I use on every wedding: the prep work, shooting, editing and grading.
We will have a live video shoot with a bride and groom, then we will edit and colour the footage the way I normally would.
This workshop is for you if:
- You are starting out but don’t want to waste years learning the hard way
- You have been filming weddings for a while but your films could improve
- You want to get paid more for your work
- What is the difference between a £1000 wedding film and a £5000 one?
- What are couples looking for when hiring a videographer? Eye opener - is not your drone
- What weddings are the most profitable?
- How do we approach high end weddings?
- How do we get our clients?
- Is your brand business-ready? Your website / social media?
- The different emails you should be sending your couples
- The selling techniques we use to get couples to buy our £10k + packages routinely
- Learn the pricing strategies we've used and which one has been the most useful by far
- The correct way to use social media to get leads
- I'll demonstrate how to easily pose couples
- Learn how I look for natural light and what lighting gear I use to produce my films
- What equipment I bring to weddings and what I never bring
- We'll go through various multi-angle set ups for different weddings and scenarios
- Overview of camera and audio settings
- How to shoot for the edit and what shots to never include in your film
- Learn our editing workflow to help you speed up your process and be more creative
This is an intensive workshop which will be a game-changer for your career. We have very limited seating as the workshop will be held in our offices in Lingfield, Surrey which is about an hour by car or train from London.
The workshop will start at 9:30 am sharp and finish around 6 pm on both days. There will be refreshments and a light lunch provided.
"I remember seeing a video David made for his family and that really inspired me to buy a camera and try this filmmaking thing. Soon after that I contacted David and eventually I was second shooting for Zenith. That time was very valuable for me as it allowed me to explore things and build confidence to go on to pursue my own style and career. David is also someone who has a great understanding of the market and I have had the pleasure of exchanging knowledge with him on countless occasion. Thanks for everything mate!"
Gione Da Silva - GIONE DA SILVA IMAGES
Mentorship | £1200 - 3 months
Additional months on request
Most of us set out as a single business person when we start shooting weddings. Sometimes we have a husband or wife we can confide in but this leads to a blind leading the blind scenario. What I wish I had when starting out was someone who had already got to where I wanted to be and who could really help me along the way with my progress in achieving my goals.
This program is exactly that.
I will be an extension of your business ensuring that you are achieving the goals we will be laying down together.
This is what is included:
- A 6 hour one to one at our offices to analyse your business in depth - your brand, business strategy and work.
During this time we will go over your strengths and weaknesses and lay down a road map for the near future to help you achieve your goals.
- Email support during this time to help you with any questions that may arise
- One film critique per month with detailed written feedback (this is either for a highlight or short film)
- A monthly Skype session of up to an hour where we go over the business' progress and tweak our strategy to ensure we are on target to achieve your goals
£500 x 6h / £800 x 10h
These are tailored face to face training sessions for people that want a more personalised approach on a topic of their choice.
With these sessions we can really dive into a topic in depth to turn around your weaknesses and help your business.
These sessions can be taken by themselves or as part of the above mentorship after the initial 3 months.
"As a photographer I have worked with David and the Zenith team for many years, wanting to get into video I reached out to David for a one 2 one workshop. He understood what my weaknesses and strengths are and shared all his knowledge no holds barred on shooting, editing and sound. I learnt so much in one day and went home with tonnes of notes & brilliant tips, it was a truly priceless workshop."
Rahul Khona - F5 PHOTOGRAPHY
One Day Asian Wedding Masterclass | £400 per person
This masterclass is designed for companies already working or considering entering the Asian market (Hindu and Sikh mainly) These weddings are fast-moving beautiful events that can, however, be very demanding to film and edit.
A common problem with Asian weddings is the feeling that you need to deliver hours upon hours of footage and when trying to deliver shorter films not knowing how to produce them. This ultimately kills your creativity, increases your backlog and diminishes your profits.
We know this because we've been there. We want to share with you how we approach this market and how it can be an enjoyable and profitable business by following certain principles and workflows.
These are some of the topics we will cover:
- How to deal with enquiries from first contact to finalising the booking
- Our pricing structure and how to put together multi-day packages the right way
- How to create films that you and the couple will love
- The editing workflow that helped us cut down our backlog forever
You will learn to streamline your whole approach and remove what has been slowing you down, be more creative and maximise your profits.
"I've been working with David for many years now documenting weddings. His passion and creative mind is what sets him apart, that's why David is my number one choice for wedding cinematography and I chose Zenith to film my own wedding when I got married last year."
Gurvir Johal - GURVIR JOHAL PHOTOGRAPHY